If the Gem app is freezing, unexpectedly quitting, or generally being unresponsive, here are some troubleshooting tips which should help.
1. Check if your Apple TV has any pending Operating System updates which need to be installed.
You can do this by going to Settings > System > Software Updates > Update Software
If there are any pending updates, please install them. Once updated, launch Gem an check if your issues persist.
2. If your operating system is up to date, try deleting the Gem app, physically unplugging the power cord from your Apple TV for a few minutes, and reinstalling the Gem app once it is powered back on.
This can help clear out any minor issue that may be occurring with our app.
3. If the app ever becomes unresponsive, you can try force quitting the app to get it working again.
You can force quit the app using your Siri remote.
- If the Gem app is frozen or unresponsive, double click on the home button of your Apple TV remote. This will bring up the application switcher.
- From here, make sure CBC Gem app is selected and then swipe up on your remote to quit the app.
- Once you have force quit the app, please try launching it again to see if this alleviates any issues you've been experiencing.
If you're experiencing an issue streaming a particular program on the Gem app for Apple TV, you can alternately try using Airplay.
If you own an iPad or iPhone you can try using Airplay to stream from the CBC Gem app on that device to your Apple TV.
For more information on Airplay, please click here.