Over-The-Air TV (By antenna)
If you are experiencing a problem with CBC TV over-the-air reception, please call us toll free at 1-866-306-4636 and press “1” to report the issue so that we can investigate.
Please consider the following before calling:
- There may not be a transmitter covering your area. Check here to confirm if over-the-air reception is possible at your location.
- Please determine if it's only your television that is affected. You may want to check with neighbours or another television connection in your house.
- If it's only your television that is affected, the problem may lie with your technology/devices and you may wish to refer to your device user manual(s).
- If your CBC signal has disappeared or your screen displays a "no signal" indicator, please scan for the channel under your television menu settings.
- If the electronic programming information disappears from your screen, there could be a problem with the transmission of the data stream. Please let us know at the number above or through our help form.
- If the problem originates with your television, it could be a sign of a weak signal. You may need to adjust the aerial (even slightly) in a different direction. Your aerial may need repairing or upgrading from an indoor antenna to an attic installation or an outdoor setup mounted on a high tower, depending on the specifics of your location. Equipment should be inspected regularly by a qualified technician to ensure proper operation.
- Inclement weather may also cause problems in certain circumstances.
Cable or Satellite TV
If you receive CBC television services from a cable or satellite provider, check your equipment to ensure the connections to your TV and set top box are not loose. The signal may improve with a reset of the set top box: turn the receiver off, wait several minutes and power up again. It is possible for a technical issue to be localized without affecting the wider signal distribution network. A problem can also affect a single channel with no effect on other station feeds. If your issue persists, please contact your service provider first, to report the problem.