Yes, you can. To do so, please advise us of your request by filling out the request form. To confirm that you are the account holder, you will need to respond to the reply from that form, from the email address you used to create your account.
Please note the following:
- Once your member account is deleted, there will be no way to recover it. If you would like to have a member account with CBC again, you will need to create a new one.
- Some information formerly associated with your account may be retained in our systems for a time as required by law and for business purposes.
- Once your member account is deleted, other users will no longer be able to see any posts or comments you may have made on CBC. It is, however, possible that your posts and related information will remain available for a certain period of time, through online searches owing to the cache function, Internet archives, etc. We unfortunately have no control over this.
Also, please note that your CBC member account allows you to use multiple services, including commenting, contest participation and centralized newsletter subscription management, as well as to access certain features and content on Gem. Once your account is deleted, you will no longer be able to use these features.
You might therefore consider the following alternatives:
- To unsubscribe from CBC newsletters without deleting your member account, you can visit subscriptions.cbc.ca. Every CBC newsletter also has an Unsubscribe link at the bottom of every issue that allows you to put an end to your subscription.
- To cancel your Premium membership for Gem, select My Account (on the website or the Gem App), to manage your subscription.
- If you would like us to consider removing your comments from public view, please reply to this email and indicate which comments you would like to have removed. Note that we only do so in limited circumstances and at CBC's sole discretion.
We hope you will continue to enjoy the wide variety of content that is still available without a CBC member account.