We’ve had to make changes to better manage our capacity to responsibly moderate comments. Commenting will now only be open from 6am - 11:30pm ET, Monday to Friday, in order to reduce costs associated with moderation, however there may be times when some stories are closed earlier.
You may also notice that fewer stories have comments available. We aim to provide opportunities for folks in different time zones across the country to have their say and to open comments across a broad range of content to give people with different interests the opportunity to participate in the discussions that interest them.
The moderators do their best to review comments as quickly as possible, but sometimes a particular story or stories may be so busy that it’s a struggle to keep up. In those cases, we need to make decisions about which stories to close early, so that other stories can remain open.
Audience members can interact with us through an array of in-person, on-air and online experiences including:
- Participate in the comment section on dozens of stories each day across a wide variety of content
- Ask CBC News a question at firstname.lastname@example.org or share their personal story in a CBC First Person column
- Participate in initiatives like The Search for B.C.’s Best Small Town, the Canadian Music Class Challenge, and CBC Calgary’s community-driven utility bills investigation
- Get involved with programs happening through Collab, CBC/Radio-Canada’s partnerships program with public libraries
- Call-in to Cross Country Checkup, airing Sundays at 1 p.m. PT, 2 p.m. MT, 3 p.m. CT, 4 p.m. ET, 5 p.m. AT and 5:30 p.m. NT on CBC Radio One or listen from wherever you are on CBC Listen.
- Participate in a local call-in radio program from noon-1:00pm local time. You can find your local website here: https://www.cbc.ca/news/local. Click on Contact Us once you have chosen the location you want.
- On social media platforms such as Youtube and Tiktok