Here are some troubleshooting tips. Please try these first; we want to get you set up ASAP!
* Before reading any further, if you are receiving an Error 21 message that reads “This content is not available in your area”, please review this article.
You may be experiencing trouble accessing a stream via the CBC Radio, CBC Music, CBC TV, CBC News, or CBC Sports app. Please read and follow these troubleshooting tips:
- Turn off your phone or tablet, and then turn it on again and try once more.
- Make sure you are running the latest version of the app. We recommend you go to Google Play or the Apple App Store, find the app in question, and then use the built-in features to ensure you have the most recent version (if the app is in need of an update, you will be presented with an “update” option. If not, you will instead see the “installed” / “uninstall” options instead). You can also simply delete the app from your device and then reinstall it in order to achieve a full update.
- Update your device’s OS or iOS. We currently support Apple and Android phones and tablets, and we recommend you have the latest version of your device’s operating system installed. Please take note of our minimum system requirements for mobile devices.
- Please verify that you are connected the internet, and that the wifi signal you are using is steady. Attempting to stream from a cellular network is less stable and will consume data.
- Close any other apps that might be interfering with your ability to stream video or audio from the CBC app, particularly those also using audio functionality.
If the issue persists after trying all the above, or if none apply to your situation, please Contact Us.