Below are some tips to get the most optimal experience when watching CBC TV programming.
1. Use our free CBC TV app
2. Update your browser
Please ensure your browser is updated to the latest version, the browser we support are:
3. Turn off any VPN/Proxy Services or Ad Blockers
If you are getting errors that you appear to not be located in Canada or playback errors. Try disabling any VPN or Ad Blocking services to see if that helps.
Here are some additional tips you can try.
- Try to load the page in Incognito mode (Menu > New Incognito tab) to see if there is any improvement.
- Try to reset your Chrome browser settings
- If that doesn't work, try disabling Chrome built-in Flash and enabling the standalone version of Adobe Flash.
- Try adjusting the hardware acceleration setting. Menu > Settings > goto Advanced Settings and look under "System" for the options below. Check / uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available." Some users have better luck with it checked while for others not checked helps.
- Try to load the page in a Private Window (File > New Private Window) to see if there is any improvement.
- We have identified an issue affecting some Firefox users where you will hear the audio but have no picture. We are actively looking into the problem. You can try a different browser. Disabling hardware acceleration can help.