1. Use our free CBC TV app
2. Update your browser
Please ensure your browser is updated to the latest version, the browser we support are:
- Chrome 49+
- Safari 9+
- Internet Explorer 11
We currently don't support Microsoft Edge
- Firefox 47
Some user experience problems using Firefox, we are investigating the issue.
Disabling hardware acceleration can help.
3. Update Flash
Please ensure you have the most recent version of Adobe Flash installed.
4. Turn off any VPN/Proxy Services or Ad Blockers
If you are getting errors that you appear to not be located in Canada or playback errors. Try disabling any VPN or Ad Blocking services to see if that helps.
Here are some additional tips you can try that can help.
- Try to load the page in Incognito mode (Menu > New Incognito tab) to see if there is any improvement.
- Go to chrome://plugins and check "Always Allowed" under the Flash plugin.
- Ensure you only have one version of Flash installed. Disable one version by going to chrome://plugins, click on "Details" in the upper right corner, and “disable” under one of the two Flash plugins if there are multiple one.
- Try to reset your Chrome browser settings
- If that doesn't work, try disabling Chrome built-in Flash and enabling the standalone version of Adobe Flash.
- Try adjusting the hardware acceleration setting. Menu > Settings > goto Advanced Settings and look under "System" for the options below, and check / uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available." Some users have better luck with it checked while others not checked helps.
- Try to load the page in a Private Window (File > New Private Window) to see if there is any improvement.
- We have identified an issue affecting some Firefox users where you will hear the audio but have no picture. We are actively looking into the problem. You can try a different browser. Disabling hardware acceleration can help.
IE / Edge Users
- Currently we don't support the Edge browser, due to its lack of support for our accessibility features. We are working with Microsoft to address these issues.