If you know your existing password, but would like to change it to something else, please follow step #6 below only.
If you are attempting to log in to CBC.ca to post a comment or subscribe to a newsletter and you have forgotten your password, follow these steps to reset it:
- Click the LOG IN button above the comment module on any CBC.ca story page that has comments open.
- Click "Forgot Password".
- Enter the email address you used to register for your account.
- You should receive an email entitled "Your New Temporary Password for 'cbc.ca' - VALID FOR 24 HOURS" within a few minutes. The email will contain a temporary password that is only valid for 24 hours for your security.
- Once you have received your temporary password, copy the temporary password and return to the CBC.ca Log In. Enter your email address and your temporary password, click Sign In. *
- Immediately click on your Real Name to access your profile, click the Settings tab and change your password. You can do this by entering your temporary password and creating a new password.
Step #6 is very important. If you do not change your password from the temporary one, it will expire in 24 hours and you will have to request a new temporary password and go through the above steps all over again.
* If you do not receive the email with your temporary password after a few minutes, check your Spam folder.