The CBC news app for Android (phones or tablets) offers users the ability to alter the text size of headlines and articles from within the app.
However this functionality is currently not available on our iPhone or iPad apps.
Instead, you have the option of altering text size using your device's built inaccessibility features.
Select your device below for step by step instructions.
You can easily increase the text size of headlines and articles on the CBC news app for Android.
- From the app, first open the menu located on the top left corner of the screen (three horizontal lines)
- Next, select Settings
- On the settings screen locate 'Use Default Text Size' and toggle the button off (the button will turn grey when off)
- Now you have the option of selecting the text size on the app using the slider which has become available.
Moving the slider to the left decreases the font size, and moving it to the right will increase the size.
If Text & Display customization is available on your device, you can use bold font to further improve your reading experience. This option is usually under Accessibility > Text & Display or Visibility Enhancements.
Please note that changing to bold font from the Android Settings screen will result in a global change.
iPhone or iPad
Unfortunately the current version of the CBC News app for iPhone and iPad does not offer the ability to increase headline and article text size from within the app.
You can increase the text size of headlines and articles on the CBC News app for iOS devices by using the Accessibility features for iPhone and iPad.
However, increasing text size from the Apple Accessibility screen will result in a global change. This means that text size alterations from the Accessibility screen will increase the text size throughout your entire device, including most of the other apps you have installed.
If you would like to try increasing text size globally on your device, please follow these instructions.
- On your iPhone or iPad, select the Settings icon from your home screen (looks like a silver gear)
- Next, select Accessibility
- Then Display & Text Size > Larger Text size
- On the Larger Text screen you will see two items.
On the top of the screen there is an option to enable larger accessibility text sizes, and lower down there will be a slider to adjust the size of the text.
- Moving the slider to the left decreases the font size, and moving it to the right will increase the size.
You can view the following video for instructions on how to increase text size on the CBC News App:
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us here