Due to the ongoing public health crisis caused by Covid-19, CBC/Radio-Canada will not be licensing public viewing events for Tokyo 2020. This is a difficult decision as we love to give Canadians a reason to cheer together. Predicting local public health regulations for mid-summer is impossible however, and we don’t want to encourage gatherings of any kind that might put anyone at risk. For Tokyo 2020 we encourage online, virtual gatherings. We will revisit this decision for Beijing 2022.
Articles in this section
- If I am not in Canada during the Games, can I still access CBC’s coverage?
- Where can I watch The National and local newscasts?
- We’re planning a public viewing party. Are we allowed to stream CBC’s coverage?
- The IOC uses most gold medals to rank a country. You use total medals. Isn’t that wrong?
- Can I buy a video copy of an event? How about Olympic merchandise?
- Why are you calling it Tokyo 2020 - it’s 2021?!
- What will happen to Corrie during the Olympics?