No, just different. The IOC does not establish any ranking by country, as stipulated by the Olympic Charter. Although it does have a medal table, it does not disallow other systems for calculating standings.
Articles in this section
- If I am not in Canada during the Games, can I still access CBC’s coverage?
- Where can I watch The National and local newscasts?
- We’re planning a public viewing party. Are we allowed to stream CBC’s coverage?
- The IOC uses most gold medals to rank a country. You use total medals. Isn’t that wrong?
- Can I buy a video copy of an event? How about Olympic merchandise?
- Why are you calling it Tokyo 2020 - it’s 2021?!
- What will happen to Corrie during the Olympics?