This is a common error message for app users who have not turned on their location services, a requirement to stream CBC’s Tokyo 2020 coverage.
Here are some instructions for iOS and Android devices.
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- Make sure that Location Services is on.
- Scroll down to find the app.
- Tap the app and select the option "While using the App"
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Permissions Manager
- Scroll down and find the app
- Tap the app and select the option "While Using"
- Please also check that Settings > CBC Listen > Location is set to "While Using".
To use CBC’s Tokyo 2020 website, you must be in Canada with a Canadian Internet Protocol (IP) address. Those with a non-Canadian IP address can often successfully stream the advertisements but receive an error message when the content should start. IP addresses are assigned by your Internet Service Provider, not CBC and unfortunately, we cannot change your IP for you. To check if your IP is a Canadian one, please click http://freegeoip.net or http://ip-api.com
** Please note that CBC's Olympic and Paralympic content is available only to those in Canada.