Due to our current content rights agreement, the CBC Listen app requires that you confirm that you are in Canada. By doing so, you can access the Music Playlists and selected On Demand content. The app confirms your location through the location settings on your device.
If you are located in Canada but are still receiving an error message on the app stating that you are not in Canada, please try going into your device settings and check that location settings are turned on for the CBC Listen app.
Here are some instructions for doing so on iOS and Android devices.
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- Make sure that Location Services is on.
- Scroll down to find the app.
- Tap the app and select the option "While using the App"
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Permissions Manager
- Scroll down and find the app
- Tap the app and select the option "While Using"
- Please also check that Settings > CBC Listen > Location is set to "While Using".
If you continue to experience the same issues after enabling location settings for the app, please contact CBC Audience Services here for further troubleshooting.