In our custom skill, you can access our live radio, music playlists, on-demand shows and flash briefings.
To load the skill on your device, try the following:
- Say, “Alexa, enable CBC.”
- Another way to enable the skill is using the app. Open the Alexa app on your phone, go to the menu, and select Skills. Browse for skills by category or use Search for “CBC” to find the CBC Alexa skill.
- Or go to the Alexa Skills store on the Amazon website. Then, browse for skills by category or search for “CBC.”
Once you find the CBC skill, select it to open the detail page and then press the “Enable” button to start using it through your Amazon Alexa device.
(While you’re at it, enable your favourite CBC Flash Briefing to get news updates too!)
You can open the CBC skill by saying:
- Alexa, open the CBC
- Alexa, open CBC
- Alexa, play CBC
- Alexa, launch the CBC
And once the skill has been launched, try asking:
- "Alexa, ask CBC for the latest news" for the hourly news update.
- "Alexa, ask CBC to play live radio" for CBC Radio One or CBC Music.
- “Alexa, ask CBC to play pop” to launch a music playlist.