If you are experiencing a problem with CBC TV over-the-air reception, please call us toll free at 1-866-306-4636 and press “1” to report the issue so that we can investigate.
Please consider the following before calling:
- There may not be a transmitter covering your area. Check here to confirm if over-the-air reception is possible at your location.
- Please determine if it's only your television that is affected. You may want to check with neighbours or another television connection in your house.
- If it's only your television that is affected, the problem may lie with your technology/devices and you may wish to refer to your device user manual(s).
- If your CBC signal has disappeared or your screen displays a "no signal" indicator, please scan for the channel under your television menu settings.
- If the electronic programming information disappears from your screen, there could be a problem with the transmission of the data stream. Please let us know at the number above or through our help form.
- If the problem originates with your television, it could be a sign of a weak signal. You may need to adjust the aerial (even slightly) in a different direction. Your aerial may need repairing or upgrading from an indoor antenna to an attic installation or an outdoor setup mounted on a high tower, depending on the specifics of your location. Equipment should be inspected regularly by a qualified technician to ensure proper operation.
- Inclement weather may also cause problems in certain circumstances.
*AUGUST 2020 Please note the over-the-air UHF channels for our Edmonton and Vancouver CBC English stations, as well as our Winnipeg Radio-Canada French station, have changed in recent months. Virtual channels displayed on your TV screen remain the same.
Please scan with your television under its menu settings to capture these signals once again if you haven't done so already.
Cable or Satellite TV
If you receive CBC television services from a cable or satellite provider, check your equipment to ensure the connections to your TV and set top box are not loose. The signal may improve with a reset of the set top box: turn the receiver off, wait several minutes and power up again. It is possible for a technical issue to be localized without affecting the wider signal distribution network. A problem can also affect a single channel with no effect on other station feeds. If your issue persists, please contact your service provider first, to report the problem.