We have exciting changes coming to CBC Music radio programming to bring you more of the Canadian music you love, including three new programs.
Hosted by Angeline Tetteh-Wayoe, The Block is music of Black origin encompassing a fluid mosaic of styles. The Block is about culture and community, repping the elements of hip hop from its roots to its far reaching influence.
The Block will air Monday - Friday from 7 pm to 9 pm.
Join Errol Nazareth as he guides you through the music and the stories behind the music and its many frequencies from around the world.
Debuting on February 2nd, Frequencies will air Tuesday nights from 6 pm to 7 pm and again on Sundays at 4 pm.
Tom Allen embraces the joys, sorrows, anger and peace expressed within five centuries of music: the stories of its time, its creators and its inspiration, from the Renaissance to the modern age.
About Time airs Monday - Friday from Noon - 3 pm.
With the launch of these three programs, we've also made some schedule adjustments:
- Canada Live becomes CBC Music Live airing Mondays at 6 pm (formerly 7 pm)
- Reclaimed will now air Wednesdays at 6 pm (formerly 7 pm) with a repeat airing Saturday at 5 pm
- The CBC Music Top 20 will now air Thursdays at 6 pm (formerly 7 pm)
- Marvin's Room will now air Fridays at 6 pm (formerly 7 pm)
- Afterdark will now air Mondays - Fridays at 9 pm until 1 am (formerly 8 pm - Midnight)
- Drive will now air Mondays - Fridays at 3 pm until 6 pm (formerly 3:30 pm to 7 pm)
- Shift will be replaced with About Time, a 3-hour classical music program
- Tempo now airs Mondays - Fridays from 9 am to Noon
- C'est Formidable! will debut at 9 am on Saturdays with a repeat airing on Sundays at 3 pm (formerly Sundays at 4 pm)
And with the new additions, two programs will be retiring: q The Music and My Playlist.
A printable schedule can be found here: https://www.cbc.ca/radio/pdfs/CBCMusic-schedule.pdf