If you’ve registered to CBC Gem using an email address (and not Facebook or Google), then you can update your password or email address from the CBC Gem app or from gem.cbc.ca.
You possess a single CBC account which is recognized across several of our sites, including cbc.ca and gem.cbc.ca. Changes made concerning your email address or password will therefore be applied universally.
If you are receiving an Error LR-1198 message when trying to log into Gem
The undefined (Error #LR-1198) message occurs when a user attempts to log into their account with an incorrect password more than 4 times in a row.
After the 4th incorrect attempt, the user's account will lock out for one hour.
You may need to update your password at this point, so please follow the instructions listed below.
If you have forgotten your Gem password
1. You can reset your CBC Gem password on gem.cbc.ca or the CBC Gem app by following the Forgot Password link on the Log In screen.
Alternately, you can just follow this link >> https://gem.cbc.ca/login#forgot
If you are experiencing any issues accessing that screen, you can reset your password from the CBC Membership Centre here >> https://www.cbc.ca/account/login
2. On the Forgot Password screen, enter the email address associated with your CBC Gem account in the Email Address field and then click Reset Password (Send Reset Instructions on the CBC Gem app).
3. An email will be sent to you shortly. This email contains a link you need to follow in order to complete your password reset request.
4. Once you have clicked on this link and set a new password, you will be able to log into CBC Gem with your new credentials.
***** Please note - If you do not receive your reset password email within a few minutes, please check your email account's junk or spam folder *****
Updating your password
1. Assuming you are already signed in to the CBC Gem website ( gem.cbc.ca ), click on your name located on the top right corner of the page. From here, select My Account.
If you are using the CBC Gem app, tap on My Account located in the menu.
2. On the next screen click on Settings. This will take you to the CBC Membership Centre.
Alternately, you can follow this link >> https://www.cbc.ca/account/login
If you are using the CBC Gem app for iPhone/iPad, tap on Pencil icon to access the CBC Membership Centre.
3. You will need to log in to the Membership Centre using your CBC Gem credentials.
4. Once you have logged in, scroll to the bottom of the page to the Password section and select Change.
5.Here you will need to enter your current password under the Old password field, and your new password under the New password, and Confirm new password fields.
One this is done, select Update to complete the process.
Updating your email address
- Please log in to the Membership Centre using your CBC Gem credentials.
- Once you are logged in, scroll down the page until you see the Change Email button
- Select the Change Email button and enter your new email address in the New Email* field.
- Enter your current password in the Confirm Password* field
- Click Update.
- A verification email will now be sent to your new email address.
- Be sure to open this email and click the "Yes, update my email address" button to finalize your email address update.
If you're experiencing any issues updating your password or changing your email address, please contact Gem support by clicking here.