If you’ve registered to CBC Gem using an email address (and not Facebook or Google), then you can update your password or email address from the CBC Gem app or from gem.cbc.ca.
You possess a single CBC account which is recognized across several of our sites, including cbc.ca and gem.cbc.ca. Changes made concerning your email address or password will therefore be applied universally.
Updating your password
1. Assuming you are already signed in to gem.cbc.ca, click on your name located on the top right corner of the page. From here, select My Account.
If you are using the CBC Gem app, tap on My Account located in the menu.
2. On the next screen click on Settings. This will take you to the CBC Membership Centre.
Alternately, you can follow this link >> https://www.cbc.ca/account/login
If you are using the CBC Gem app, tap on Edit Profile to access the CBC Membership Centre.
3. You will need to log in here using your CBC Gem credentials. Once you have done so, ensure that Profile is selected on the left side of the screen.
If you're using the CBC Gem app, you will automatically be taken to the profile screen.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page to the Reset Password section. Here you will need to enter your current password under Password * and your new password under New Password * and Confirm New Password *. Once you have done this, click on Save.
If you have forgotten your password
1. You can reset your CBC Gem password on gem.cbc.ca or the CBC Gem app by following the Forgot Password link on the Log In screen.
Alternately, you can just follow this link >> https://gem.cbc.ca/forgot
If you are experiencing any issues accessing that screen, you can reset your password from the CBC Membership Centre here >> https://www.cbc.ca/account/login
2. On the Forgot Password screen, enter the email address associated with your CBC Gem account in the Email Address field and then click Reset Password (Send Reset Instructions on the CBC Gem app).
3. An email will be sent to you shortly. This email contains a link you need to follow in order to complete your password reset request.
4. Once you have clicked on this link and set a new password, you will be able to log into CBC Gem with your new credentials.
***** Please note - If you do not receive your reset password email within a few minutes, please check your email account's junk or spam folder *****
Updating your email address
You will need to log in to the Membership Centre using your CBC Gem credentials.
Once you have done so, ensure that Profile is selected on the left side of the screen.
Note - If you're using the CBC Gem app, you will automatically be taken to the Profile screen.
Enter your new email address in the Email* field.
Click Save. A verification email will now be sent to your new email address. Be sure to open this email and click the verification link enclosed to finalize your email address update.