There are a few ways you can share your musical talents with us!
Given the enormous volume of Canadian music produced and distributed, we can no longer accept unsolicited submissions of physical recordings (CDs, tapes, etc.).
We encourage any music artists wishing to share their talents to start an Artist Account at cbcmusic.ca. You can do so by registering here: http://artistcms.cbcmusic.ca/login. This is the best way to share your music with CBC and its music audience!
Should you wish to make your music available to CBC Radio One and Radio 2 programs, you can submit your music to our music library by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please read the following instructions carefully:
When submitting, please be sure to
- Attach audio files of your album's tracks (WAV format is recommended and preferred).
- Attach high-quality JPEG or PNG files of the album art
- Include, in the body of the email, liner notes which list artist(s), composer, and production credits.
- Include, in the body of the email, a short bio, as well as contact information
- Attach or link to a press kit, if applicable.
If you are submitting music to be considered for a specific radio program, please specify which program you have in mind in the title of your email.
It is strongly encouraged that artists who submit music to email@example.com also start an Artist Account if they have not already.
Please note that the exclusive purpose of firstname.lastname@example.org is to make your music available to CBC Radio programs and the music producers at CBC, and the account will therefore not reply to requests for radio play or to questions concerning radio play.
We also encourage independent recording artists to take advantage of other web platforms and to promote their music via personal websites and social media networks.